The Public Garden, situated between Andrea Papandreou and Tzanakaki streets, is an attractive recreation centre for the city of Hania. It was planned and created by Reouf Pasha in 1870 on European standards. It was planted with several ever-green trees and plants, under the supervision of the Pasha himself. At the beginning of the 20th century a cafe was opened with both indoor and outdoor facilities. An integral part of the Public Gardens is the outdoor cinema. On the north-east corner of the Gardens, stands the city's clock-tower, built between 1924-1927 by the engineer D. Kollaros.